Hi guys, Its Thursday and I am looking forward to the weekend thats almost here. I have to admit I needed some inspiration and a little bit of help this week getting back into work mode. A trustee old bold red lip was what got me into gear. So in today’s post I’ll be sharing with you 10 of my red liquid lipsticks. Liquid Red Lips ????
Liquid Red Lips ????
I think that red lipstick is a very controversial color. Because some women might feel empowered by a beautiful red lip, whereas others might feel its “too much”. But you got to admit, when you look at a lady with red lips, there is just something that oozes beauty. Sophistication, glamour, empowerment and sexy is some of the adjectives that first jumps to mind.
Do keep in mind that to pull off a red lip you need to put some effort into looking after your lips. They have to be healthy without any dry patches or cracks. There is nothing worse than wearing a stunning red lip and you can see each and every dry patch. For this you need to exfoliate and moisturize (if you know you want to wear a red lip to an event, start prepping like a week in advance). This might be a bit over the top but you will thank me.
The other thing to keep in mind is how the lipstick wears off. Now here a red lip might become a bit of a chore cause not all lipsticks wear off evenly. To help your lipstick last longer I recommend you use a lip liner underneath. Do not only line your lips, also fill them in as this will make the lipstick wear longer and fade more evenly.
The last thing I want to mention is that a good blue toned red will make your teeth look whiter. Who does not like that? I am not sure what the science or the magic is behind it, but a yellow based red just does not fill the shoes of a blue based red for me.
The high end (ish) Line-up
- Clinique Pop Liquid Matte lip Color + Primer in Flame Pop = Now I have done a full review here and I am not too impressed. This is not my favorite formula + the doe foot applicator makes it difficult to apply. But you can read all my thoughts about this lippie in my full review.
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Bold Liquid Lipstick in Fearless Red = This is a stunning formula and the color is bang on perfect for my skin tone. The applicator is interesting and works very well. I have also previously reviewed this lippie on my blog here.
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in Passion = Click here to see the full review. I find these to be very comfortable on the lips. I think by now I almost have the full range. The color is quite rich and deep. A good classic blue red.
- The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Tahiti Hibuscus = Unfortunately I have not reviewed this on the blog (I did take pictures but ended up not liking it and I still have to re-do the pics). This is also a very comfortable liquid lipstick. The pigmentation can be a bit deeper and more prominent but it does not take away from a great lippie.
- Gosh Intense Lip Color = This was a gift with purchase and I do not think I should still have this. But as you can see in the picture above its so pigmented and glossy and RED.
The more affordable Line-up
- L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss in Frisky = Oh my word!!! This is so red and so matte. Not only is the price right but the performance is there to back it up. Well done L.A. Girl.
- L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Pin Up = Meh, not my favorite but I will not hate it if it was my only liquid lipstick. A full review is just a click away.
- Catrice Velvet Matt LipCream in Brooklyn Pink-ster = I have done a quick review here, come check it out. This is not something you wear to a red carpet event, but rather to a coffee date. You will look gorgeous on arrival while feeling very comfortable wearing your red lipstick and then it will fade, leaving behind a beautiful slight stain. No worries in the world.
- Essence Matt Matt Matt in Ready, Set, Impressed = And yes I was impressed. This lippie might not last too long on the lips, but the formula is comfortable and the color is gorgeous. Only downside is that it can get a bit choppy and patchy at times (like the one above as well). Nothing a second coat can not fix.
- Essence Hello Autumn lip cream in Beauti-fall Red = Such a fitting name. I have not worn this in ages and I am missing out big time. This is so pigmented and gorgeous. Im moving it right now into my “need-to-wear-more-often” pile.
This is my take on a red lip. Let me know in the comments what is your favorite liquid red lips lipstick.